Company family days can often be much more than fun; they can also be rewarding, instructive, and helpful at the very same time. Corporate family days are an excellent chance for your employees to engage in team-building and participate in recreational activities. These activities can range from indoor to outdoor and seasonal to permanent. Because many companies have a “no guns and no dogs” policy, holding a family day where employees can bring their guns is a popular choice.
Corporate Family Day-
A corporate family day is an event where corporate members of a company’s staff get together with their families. It is a way to celebrate corporate employees and their families. A corporate family day can be any type of activity that the company wants it to be, as long as they decide on a move that will bring people together and create memories for everyone involved.
A corporate family day could include:
- Participating in sports like kickball or softball
- Going bowling
- Having a cookout at the office picnic area with food catered by local restaurants
- Playing games such as bingo, cornhole, washers (a lawn game), etc., indoors if bad weather occurs outside during the event time frame.
- Hanging out/having drinks after work at bars nearby the worksite where people from different departments can socialize together
- Playing a board game or card games together.
- Attending a movie screening at the corporate office’s theater room if there is one available
Steps in Conducting Corporate Family Day:
1. Select a corporate family day as the theme for a corporate event
2. Draw up an outline of objectives
3. Collect corporate family day organizers
4. Choose a corporate family day venue
5. Decide on corporate family day activities
6. Schedule corporate events to avoid clashing with other corporate events
7. Promote corporate events through emails and social media posts
8. Establish a budget for the corporate events
9. Coordinate with third-party companies that will be involved in the event
10. Prepare a list of items required for corporate events, such as balloons, streamers, confetti, etc…
11. Make a list of needed sponsorship from partners and vendors during the corporate events
12. Organize corporate family day speakers for a corporate event
13. Prepare corporate family day activities during the corporate events
14. Create an invitation to invite people to attend the corporate family day on your company’s premises, which should be sent at least two weeks before the date of the corporate events
15. Look into records and take note of what went wrong or right during previous corporate days so that you can improve upon them if needed when planning this year’s edition of the annual one-day get-together with employees’ families at the workplace. Write down everything! Don’t forget anything! Review it now and then while making preparations for next year’s yearly celebration. You don’t want another fiasco like last time, do you?!
Importance of Family Day –
- Family day corporate events are important because they provide an opportunity for corporate employees to spend time with the family and also is a good way for corporate companies to show appreciation to their employees.
- It can help make corporate employees feel more appreciated and rewarded in monetary ways and emotional patterns.
- It can also be beneficial in binding corporate families together and in strengthening corporate culture. Corporate family day events are also a good way for corporate companies to promote their brand image, which will help them when they need to recruit new talent.
Remember that corporate family days are a great way to encourage team building and communication within your organization. The speakers will provide a great way to interact with the team while at the same time promoting understanding. They will also offer ideas and resources that the team can use to improve their performance. Overall, it is a chance to allow your employees to have some fun, relax and bond together.