Event planners help with everything from breakfasts to conferences, and they need to be able to wear many different hats to make the event run smoothly. If this sounds like something that interests you, read on and see what it takes to become an event planner!
What is event planning?
Event planning is the management of conferences, conventions, weddings, music concerts, and other types of gatherings. It also often includes responsibility for public relations and marketing. Because event planners are in charge of all aspects of the event, from the guest list to the menu-event planning can be a great way to meet new people, make new friends, and make you more confident, self-sufficient, and savvy.
Steps on event planning
1) Talk to the client about their needs for the event
2) Set up a meeting with the client to discuss budgets, timelines, and any other important information
3) Relate these factors to the event planning team’s area of expertise to establish realistic goals
4) Find venues where events can be held that fit into your budget, timeline, and venue guidelines
5) Determine what accommodations will be needed-such as tables, chairs, audio/visual equipment, sound system for speeches, etc.
6) Create an initial guest list. Decide if you want the final guest list at the end or if you want the client to make the final guest list
7) Set up a meeting with all of the event planners and the client to go over everything you have done so far. Keep track of any changes or decisions that are made during this time
8) Create a plan, set up schedules for speakers and performers
9) Arrange the A/V equipment such as microphones, screens, etc.
10) Plan a timeline of events-dates, times, locations of each event on the agenda. Keep in mind things like dropoff time for out of town guests and parking accommodations
11) Once the client accepts the final plans for the event, get them signed and approved. Make copies of these for your records
12) Market and promote the event using social media, email marketing, direct mailings, etc.
13) Send out invitations to all guests/clients
14) If needed, arrange flash mobs for entertainment during the event
15) At the end of the day, assess what worked and what didn’t work to improve it next time.
What is an event planner?
An event planner is a person who organizes and manages different types of events. The event can be a variety of things, such as a conference, a wedding, or a particular occasion party.
Why do companies need an event planner?
Companies need an event planner because they know how to handle everything from breakfasts to conferences and everything in between. In addition, they need to wear many different hats, whether it be marketing or public relations. Event planners also help companies by making them look great and giving their brand a positive platform.
Steps to find an event planner
1) Put up a help wanted or job listing looking for an event planner. Be sure to outline the different requirements.
2) Search for event planners online through sites like LinkedIn, Meetup, and other social networks. Do this by searching for “event planners near me”. Alternatively, you could visit these websites of trade groups, associations, or professional organizations in your city or region.
3) Follow up with responses by sending them your job posting or position description-describe what the event company Singapore does, where it’s located, what qualifications are needed etc. In addition, please provide them with more information on how they can contact you.
What are some duties of an event planner?
An event planner’s duties can vary widely depending on the size and type of event. Still, they may include: lining up the venue, catering, hotels rooms, invitations, coordinating speakers and panels, negotiating sponsorships and fees, etc.
The benefits of hiring a professional event planner
– Event planners help with everything from breakfasts to conferences.
– Event planners are in charge of all aspects of the event, from the guest list to the menu-event planning can be a great way to meet new people, make new friends, and make you more confident, self-sufficient, and savvy.
– They also help companies by making them look great and giving their brand a positive platform.